26 August 2008

Jiminy Cricket?

Depending on when you looked at this week's post, you may have noticed something a little strange. For a short time, the text

"...we were so touched to hear about his realization of how important Jesus Christ is in his life"

read

"...we were so touched to hear about his realization of how important Jiminy Cricket is in his life".

I figured a short explanation was in order for those of you who read it this way. Being the bad language abhorring geek that I am, I wrote a Grease Monkey script that replaces profane and vulgar language on every web page with less offensive words. I hadn't yet added blogger.com and thailand-hillmans.blogspot.com to the list of sites to exclude, so when I opened the post in the Blogger post editor to fix a typo, the above replacement was made.

I just wanted to be sure no one out there was under the impression that we have joined a bizzare religion that worships anthropomorphous, stridulating insects.

5 comments:

Heidi Hillman said...

Thanks for the explanation! I just figured you meant his conscience helped him know what he was doing was right. Your way makes more sense though.

bevany said...

Ha ha! I thought you meant his conscience too. Pretty funny.

Emily said...

Hey Jeff, are you sharing your software yet? I'd love to get a copy of it.

We miss you and love you!

Joanna said...

I'm laughing out loud right now! So funny!

Unknown said...

I noticed it too, but thought it was his conscience. Glad that your software keeps you from typing "bad words". Love you guys!